If you want to be part of a revolution within the film- and photo industry, and you want to help to create the best possible user experience for doing so, we are at this very moment looking for you to join us for the journey as an intern.
Your role as UX Designer/UI Designer
- defending our members interests and exploring their needs
- designing great user experiences for our members, from idea to high fidelity prototype
- working closely with developers and making sure that the prototypes go live as they were designed
- creating marketing materials to promote newly developed solutions
- being a ready-to-help person for other ad-hoc initiatives that involve design
Who are you?
- You find ways to make complicated, easy. You take pride in eliminating things that aren’t valuable
- You’d rather have a conversation than reading documentation. You thrive in cross-functional teams
- You can quickly and confidently design wireframes, flow charts, and mock-ups
- You have strong graphic design foundations mindful of typography, color usage, visual hierarchy, etc.
- Your default mode is "team-player" but you're also able to work autonomously
Why this is great?
- You will work on holistic design solutions that impact desktop and mobile devices
- You will try the full jouney of user experience: researching, defining, ideating, prototyping, securing development, testing and iterating
- You will work closely with developers to communicate your ideas and creatively work through technical limitations
- You will work on-site with the team in an atmosphere that fosters creativity
- a demonstrated understanding of user experience design principles
- knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology
- graphic design background with a great eye for detail
- ability to clearly articulate the rationale behind your design choices
- self-motivation and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Wedio is the fastest-growing European camera-sharing community for Filmmakers and Photographers. We make it up to 50% cheaper to rent video equipment on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis — with global insurance.
Today we have more than 3,000 members across The Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom & Denmark.
Our mission is to keep great stories alive. We achieve this by offering the tools and services that benefit creators so that they can focus on their craft. We believe that visual content plays a crucial role in the future of communication, and thereby we have a vision of becoming the preferred global community for creators.
The internship will be six months starting January 2021, and it will be unpaid. If you find the internship interesting, send us your application.